Monday, February 21, 2011

Kim Høltermand

I love looking at artists' and designers' inspiration boards. It gives such an immediate and intimate glimpse into that person's mind and their aesthetic. I especially love when I see seemingly unrelated items on a board; for example, a picture of a building or a car on a fashion designers board. The first time I saw one of these inspiration boards/books, I realized I could and should look for beauty and inspiration in everything I see and experience.

I recently discovered the work of Danish photographer Kim Høltermand. He specializes in architectural and landscape photography while his day job is, get this, as a fingerprints expert in the Crime Scene Unit of the Danish National Police. The moment I saw his "Deserted City" and "Tuve" series, I thought jewelry. The colours, the lines, the shapes; I could imagine a ring, earrings, necklace, cuff being made with almost every picture I saw as source inspiration. What do you think?





Caroline

No comments: