Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Burning Man is a trip!

Another mini story from a fellow burner to tide you over until I complete my own tales of adventure and debauchery.

One night I was bouncing back and forth between two big party camps when a fellow literally stopped me in my tracks and said, "Hi. I have to meet you." I responded, "Okay!" and what followed was a lovely little hang out session where I learned he had studied Spanish at the Univ. of Michigan and had lived and worked abroad in India for a bit. Clearly it was fate that we met and furthers my belief that people come into (and out) of your life for a reason. He also happened to be tripping on acid. Since I had no context of what he was going through, I realize my trying to have in-depth conversations with him probably blew his mind. But whatever! I had a lovely time chatting with him and when it was time for DJ Aphrodite to perform, we respectfully parted ways so I could go dance (he said the lights and music and people were too much).

A couple of days after I returned home, I received a letter from him. What follows is a perfect example of the fantastical sights and experiences present at BM. The fact he is tripping on acid is secondary.

September 10, 2010

Burning Man -> Wed night @ Nexus -> you joining me for my LSD trip --> crazy and supportive SynchroConnection

This is David aka Khan from Burning Man. Great to have met you Starfish. I had quite the trip that night which I think was quite amazing in the end, though crazy at times. You were so cool and positive that night, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated it. After our interaction, Ra and I jumped around, ended up at Hookah Dome where I was totally memorized by the firedancers, danced some, chilled inside the dome, had a "good" conversation which worked because I asked questions instead of having to talk much (which as you remember was a bit difficult), then chilled around a wood burning tree sculpture and met a really smart gal who chatted with me through the amazing sunrise, walked to the temple, met my friend Xavier, his gal pal Tuana, and her friend who was spiritually into the dirt and urinating on herself, then participated in an amazing singing/musical session with the Jimmy, the soulful singer, and others like the Om-ing yogi, while a naked man in a turban cried his eyes out and i smiled and then broke out in ecstatic, joyful laughter. Then i went to an art car that was playing awesome low tempo house with a girl i met at the temple, and then finally went home, etc etc etc. Amazing experience all around. I felt you should know what happened!

My contact info is below, and please reach out whenever. I'm in SF, so let me know if and when you are coming out here.

Hope you had an amazing experience this year Caroline, and that it continues throughout the year and beyond.













Namaste,


David aka Khan

No comments: