Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs

I learned about Jobs passing via text from my friend. Even though I knew Jobs had been battling cancer for a while, his death still seemed sudden and unexpected to me. I was overcome and felt tears creep to my eyes.

Later, it kind of puzzled me that I would have such an emotional reaction over a man whom I had never met in my life. But then I realized it was grief over the passing of a true visionary--a man whom, without him, this world would be a very different place.

The media covered him very well, as they had had time to prepare for his obituary, and I was able to learn in addition to reminisce about this amazing man.

Because I'm a design geek, one of my favourite articles I read talked about how he elevated the role of designers to be as important as engineers.

Here's to you, Steve Jobs.

And, if you haven't seen it yet, Job's 2005 commencement speech for Stanford.


You will be sorely missed.

Caroline

No comments: