Wednesday, March 2, 2011

the.


the. is a design duo consisting of Hong Kong-born Sherwood Forlee and Japanese-born Mihoko Ouchi. They meld functionality and a delightful sense of fun and quirkiness to make innovative products. I'm loving their walls notebook for the inner-graffiti artist in all of us. Someone needs to expand on this idea and make wallpaper designs. They'd be perfect to install for parties where guests could tag it up. I actually saw something similar when I was in South Africa. There were sick stencils of Nike shoes which had repeatedly been painted on a big sheet of paper. Party-goers at the commercial event were able to color and design the shoes with markers. It was genius. Try as I might though, I wasn't able to get my hands on the stencil itself.

Caroline

No comments: