Friday, February 4, 2011

The Neistat Brothers

The Neistat Brothers are a creative pair who have been making simple short films since 1999 basically using a camera, paper, scissors and an iMac. I was particularly interested in checking their stuff because, aside from the iMac, it seemed like they used minimal tools and programs (no Adobe AfterEffects here) to make films and tell simple stories; a skill set I would like to have as well and maybe one day take to youth in developing nations to help them tell their stories of social importance.

Anyway, I haven't made my way through their entire portfolio yet, but I can so far recommend this hilarious short titled "The Ethics of Stealing a Bike." Apparently they have an HBO series based on their lives, told in various short stories, of course.



Caroline

No comments: