Monday, December 20, 2010

Darren Booth

I cannot get enough of the beautiful graphic design by Darren Booth. I look at SO MUCH art and graphic design, it's rare these days when something stops me in my tracks. When I saw his work for Steve Martin's new book, I wanted to cry. I know that sounds dramatic, but it was so beautiful, it honestly impacted me on a visceral level. Be sure to check out his other work. It evoked similar reactions.

NOTE: Not that I judge a book by its cover (I do), but I would possibly consider reading that Girl with a Dragon Tattoo series if the covers had not been so godawful and instead designed by Booth.


Caroline

1 comment:

קורטני שרפ|كورتني شرپ said...

I too definitely judge books (and people) by their covers. I think their misrepresentations tend to say more about them than the accurate. The aspects falsely depicted speak to how they *wish to be perceived versus their actual character, but that's just as telling.