Monday, October 25, 2010

Kanye West's "Runaway"

My friend Matt Medved pleasantly surprised me (as he knew he would) when he made me watch Kanye West's self-directed 30+ minute long music video for his song "Runaway." It has a ten-minute, beautifully choreographed, ballerina scene (my favorite part), model Selita Ebanks dressed as a phoenix in feather lingerie, a comet, people spinning sparkler poi in a parade with an illuminated Michael Jackson head, sheep, deer, and lots of white suits. ***Note on Kanye's white suit: I think it's Band of Outsiders. Can anyone confirm or refute this? Anyway, it's lovely. He's such a dapper man.



If 34:32 is too long for your fast-paced post-modern lifestyle, here's a shorter version. AT LEAST WATCH THIS!



Get ready for a fall full of "Let's have a toast for the douchebags!"

Caroline

No comments: