Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Future of the Book


The Future of the Book. from IDEO on Vimeo.

Global design consultants IDEO have created three different book interfaces that would work with a tablet computer. The experimental concepts explore how technology can influence the way we interact with books through discussion, social networking and constructing a community around the content.

I find these solutions to be intriguing to say the least. If technology can find a way to get people (myself included) into reading longer form writings, I'm all for it. I also see this as a plausible precursor to the e-newspaper of the future.

Caroline

1 comment:

eric defeo said...

love this! i've even found reading on my ipod touch pretty enjoyable. it fits in my pocket so i love having a book anywhere. eg. can read in a doctor's waiting room instead of the crap magazines they have. in such a busy world, it's hard to find time or have the discipline to relax and read daily for more than 30 minutes... works for me--though may be on a faster track to getting glasses